Saturday, January 21, 2012

In reading through Luke 18:9-14, it made me think of the premise of Chapter 1 of Crazy Love. It is the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector where the tax collector who has sinned more in the world's eyes truly understood the awesomeness of God's grace and mercy and humbled himself before God. I ponder how many times am I more like the self-righteous Pharisee who thanks God that is not a bad person or like the tax collector. Yet the tax collector's humbleness is a model for us in our approach to God. I don't deserve God's mercy or grace nor I am worthy of even being in his presence and glory. But even so, God loves me enough to allow me to come before and I pray I truly appreciate who God is when I do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please understand that your comment will not show up immediately as I have set this up to be viewed by anyone, and I am concerned that some comments may not be appropriate. I will okay them as quickly as possible so that they show up.