Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Chapter 4

For me, this has been a tough chapter! I have read it three times already, and, yes, I feel incredibly convicted. The problem here is that, as a married person, I'm not sure how much I can do to change my life! One of those tough ones for sure!

The chapter grabbed me right off the bat with the following quote:
"It is not scientific doubt, not atheism, not pantheism, not agnosticism, that in our day and in this land is likely to quench the light of the gospel. It is a proud, sensuous, selfish, luxurious, church-going, hollow-hearted prosperity.
                                      David Goetz, Death by Suburb, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please understand that your comment will not show up immediately as I have set this up to be viewed by anyone, and I am concerned that some comments may not be appropriate. I will okay them as quickly as possible so that they show up.