Thursday, April 5, 2012

Chapter 6

As I have been examining Chapter 6, it occurs to me as no surprise that far too much of my time is spent worrying/considering me. And I don't consider myself (after nearly 35 years of being married and nearly 33 years of being a parent) as someone who always thinks of myself first in everything. But I do think that maybe I think of the wrong entities first. Instead of myself, I tend to think of my family first, which may sound really unselfish and nice but is not thinking of the Lord of the universe, the God who gave His life for me, first. This needs to change!


On page 100, Francis Chan has a quote from a book by John Piper about heaven. As I read that quote the first time, I was very saddened by the fact that a lot of the time I think I feel that way. It is only in my better moments (of which there are very few) that I really feel that all that matters about being in heaven is being in the presence of God. I think I need to pray for more "better moments"!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please understand that your comment will not show up immediately as I have set this up to be viewed by anyone, and I am concerned that some comments may not be appropriate. I will okay them as quickly as possible so that they show up.